Things

I am crazy, and I'm okay with that. I laugh in the middle of the night because I just remembered something funny from days ago. I bought a bear because it smelled like strawberries and at night when I am having an anxiety attack I smell the strawberries and distract myself from my anxiety. I have a dumbo plushy and every time someone walks into my room I say: "Why because there's an elephant in the room?" Then I laugh hysterically at myself. There is air in my lungs and I can breathe (this means a lot to me.) I have this group of people who I want to consider my friends, and even if in a couple of years we all go our separate ways I enjoy their honesty. I don't have to worry about them saying anything behind my back because they will say it to my face even if its not pretty. My siblings understand me and enjoy making fun of my parents with me. My parents only encourage me to be myself even though they think I am completely crazy. Most days I look like I came out of an asylum and everyone I know is completely fine with that. I listen to good music. I have amazing company. The people who I interact with are usually left with a good impression of me and I hope that they have a good day after me, because the world is already hard enough. I haven't been depressed in a year or so, and if I have I can call someone to take me on a drive to McDonalds to get ice cream, and just have a good time with. When I'm tired I have people who tell me to go to sleep even though I have a million things to do, and they tell me to go to sleep that the million things will still be there when I wake up. I have food in my refrigerator,  and I don't have to go hungry. It's all of these little things that get me by and I don't write or talk about them enough, and I should I should be as happy as I am now writing all of the things I have instead of constantly thinking of all the things I don't.
-Fatima

Comments

Popular Posts