The L word

Today as I started browsing the internet for good upcoming movies to watch it occurred to me: Why are we obsessed with being loved? Every movie I scrolled past had some form of love. We spend a good majority of our lives thinking about it or being advertised about it. In fact if you noticed the majority of top songs are about love whether that love is towards a city, an object, it always traces back to a person. "Because there is always something there to remind me," (Naked Eyes.) Parents say it to their children, people say it to each other, but what is it really? Its not this Nicholas Sparks fantasy that a lot of people are fooled by. Love is painful. Love is knowing that at any moment you can lose that person, and knowing that it will hurt you a lot more than it will hurt anyone else.
The best advice (as I have said it a multitude of times on this blog) I have ever recieved came from a fortune cookie: "Our first love, and our last love self love."

-Fatima

Comments

Popular Posts